Did you know that bouts of acne are often triggered by stress? Find ways to reduce your stress that work for you:
- Get plenty of rest and sleep.
- Enjoy exercise that is fun for you such as skiing, dancing, or walking in nature.
- Eat whole, nutritious foods.
- Drink relaxing herbal teas.
- And just try to let life carry you along!
To reduce excess oiliness on your skin, it is important to cleanse without eliminating all oil so that you don't stimulate your skin to even higher levels of oil production. You can use a gentle cleanser like my Almond Face Cleanser 2 to 4 times a day.
Avoid using harsh soaps and medicated cleansers, which tend to strip all oils away. Don't scrub your face roughly or angrily, which is like "sanding off" the epidermal layer of your face, and also results in increased oil production.
See my "What to Use" page for help in choosing the facial products that are best for your skin.